My research focuses on bilingual children and adults, specifically on their phonological, orthographic, and morpho-syntactic processing. I gained my doctor degree in Psycholinguistics from the School of Psychology, Beijing Normal University. Then I conducted my post-doctoral studies in the School of Philosophy, Psychology, and Language Sciences in the University of Edinburgh. I am now a lecturer in the School of English and Education at Guangdong University of Foreign Studies.
1. Liang, L. J., Wen, Y., & Dong, Y. P. (2018). Gender constraint in L1 and L2 reflexive pronoun resolution by Chinese-English bilinguals. Journal of Neurolinguistics . (SSCI)
2. Liang, L. J., Sharwood Smith, M., Chondrogianni, V., & Chen, B. (2017). The pre-attentive L2 orthographic perception mechanism utilized by bilinguals with different proficiency levels. Frontiers in Psychology. (SSCI)
3. Lü, J. M., Liang, L. J., & Chen, B. G. (2017). The effect of executive control ability on the comprehension of second language metaphor. International Journal of Bilingualism. DOI: 10.1177/1367006917709096. (SSCI)
4. Liu, H. H., Dunlap, S.,Liang, L. J., & Chen, B. G. (2017). The effect of inhibitory control and its training on L1 and a new learned language switching. International Journal of Bilingualism. DOI: 10.1177/1367006916688335. (SSCI)
5. Liu, H. H., Dunlap, S., Wu,M. S., Liang, L. J., Lu, Y., & Chen, B. G. (2017). Inhibitory control predicts quasi language switching performance: evidence from face-to-face dialogue. Language, Cognition and Neuroscience, 32 (6),695-708. (SSCI)
6. Zhang, Q. G., Liang, L.J., Yao, P. P., Hu, S. S., & Chen, B. G. (2017). Parallel morpho-orthographic and morpho-semantic activation in processing second language morphologically complex words: Evidence from Chinese-English bilinguals. International Journal of Bilingualism, 21 (3), 291-305. (SSCI)
7. Liu, H. H., Liang, L. J., Zhang, L., Lu, Y., & Chen, B.G. (2017).Modulatory role of inhibition during language switching: Evidence from evoked and induced oscillatory activity. International Journal of Bilingualism. DOI: 10.1177/1367006915600800.(SSCI)
8. Liu, H. H., Liang, L. J., Dunlap, S., Fan, N., & Chen, B. G. (2016).The effect of domain-general inhibition-related training on language switching: An ERP study. Cognition, 146, 264-276.(SSCI)
9. Wei,X. Y., Chen, B. G., Liang, L. J. & Dunlap, S. (2015). Native language influence on the distributive effect in producing L2 subject-verb agreement. Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 68(12),2370-2383. (SSCI)
10. Chen,B. G., Liang, L. J., Cui, P., & Dunlap, S. (2014). The priming effect of translation equivalents across languages for concrete and abstract words. Acta Psychologica, 153, 147-152. (SSCI)
11. Liang,L. J.& Chen, B.G. (2014). Processing morphologically complex words in second language learners: the effect of proficiency. Acta Psychologica, 150,69-79. (SSCI)
12. Liang, L. J. &Chen, B. G. (2013). The influence of metalinguistic awareness in second language acquisition and its interaction with other factors. Foreign Language Learning Theory and Practice, 2, 21-27.
International Journal of Bilingualism